The Power of Your Words Give Life or Death (1) By Dr. Mike

Faith based & spiritually related events & services, workshops and retreats, prayer requests, etc. All walks & faiths welcome.
Local worship directory
drmike

The Power of Your Words Give Life or Death (1) By Dr. Mike

Post by drmike »

The Power of Your Words Give Life or Death (1) By Dr. Michael Brooks

I was shopping at a Home Depot store and watched a disabled man trying to walk through the paint department isles along with his wife. He was struggling to walk through obstacles that were placed in the aisle. He was frail and in pain as he walked. I was close enough to hear their discussion about the color of paint for a room they wanted to be painted. He was trying to get a color of paint that would brighten the room he liked to sit in.

She laid into him and said loud enough for everyone to hear, “if we get that color of paint, you can paint the room yourself” I could see the hurt on his face and the embarrassment of her tongue lashing he received in public. I thought to myself, how would I deal with this behavior from my wife? I’m not sure what I would do. I feel that there is life and death in the tongue by the way we speak to each other. I’m not judging her whatsoever; who knows what was going on before I heard their discussion....

To Continue reading this article, go to the following link below:

https://applicablecoaching.com/the-powe ... -brooks-2/

Return to “Spiritual Cabin”