Creosote logs - do they work?

Stay safe and warm! Sales and service of fireplaces, stoves and inserts – wood and gas http://www.mtnhp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | 303-670-0658
mountaingirl

Creosote logs - do they work?

Post by mountaingirl »

Do the powders and logs I see advertised to eliminate creosote really work?

I purchased some and wondering if a good solution, between professional chimney cleanings??

Thanks!
Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending.
Mountain Hearth + Patio

Re: Creosote logs - do they work?

Post by Mountain Hearth + Patio »

That's a great question.

Unfortunately, cresote-removing logs do very little to actually remove cresote from a chimney flue.
They are mildy effective in drying out glazed creosote, but they don't remove it from the flue.
In fact, there is a lot of anectodotal evidence that using these products creates a higher likeliness of
having a hostile chimney fire than without use of them.

If you'd like a bulletin from teh Chimney Safety Institute of America on the topic of Chimney fires: Causes and Effects,
just contact our office and we'll send one to for free.

Thanks - Jake
Jake Johnson | Mountain Hearth & Patio | 7001 Highway 73 – Evergreen, Colorado Map

Office Hours: M-F 8 – 4 / Sat 9-2 Store Hours: M-F 10 – 5 / Sat 9 – 3
http://www.mtnhp.com | 303-670-0658 | office@mtnhp.com

Semper Fi!
HappyCamper

Post by HappyCamper »

Could I get a price on chimney cleaning? Probably have it done at the end of May.
Mountain Hearth + Patio

Post by Mountain Hearth + Patio »

Hi Happy Camper,

The cost of our complete service depends a little on what your appliance is, how it's installed and where you live.

Wood fireplace and woods stoves are $249.00 for everything including a Level I NFPA-211 Inspection.

There's an extra charge if you have an insert that has to be pulled out of the fireplace.

If you're already a Mounatin Hearth & Patio customer, then there's a big discount - right now our 'Early Bird Gets the Deal' special
will save you $70.00. Even if you're not already a customer of ours, if you call our office, please tell Kelly that I said to give you the EBGTD speical to you
for being on Evergreen Bound.

Thanks - Jake
Jake Johnson | Mountain Hearth & Patio | 7001 Highway 73 – Evergreen, Colorado Map

Office Hours: M-F 8 – 4 / Sat 9-2 Store Hours: M-F 10 – 5 / Sat 9 – 3
http://www.mtnhp.com | 303-670-0658 | office@mtnhp.com

Semper Fi!
HappyCamper

Post by HappyCamper »

Thanks, it is a Hearthstone free standing wood burning stove.

Soon as I have a better idea on a date will give you a call.

Return to “Mountain Hearth and Patio”