Bailey's first slash site opens on Crow Hill

Home & garden, off grid, saving energy & climate change, going organic & recycling, fire prevention, etc. from condos to backyards. Ferrellgas
EGB News

Bailey's first slash site opens on Crow Hill

Post by EGB News »

Bailey residents no longer have to trek to Evergreen or Fairplay to drop off slash — they have their own in-town slash collection site after months of planning and construction and years of waiting.

Officially launched Friday, the Bailey slash site is located off the County Road 72 exit on U.S. 285 on top of Crow Hill and will operate annually from August through the end of October — potentially indefinitely, if organizers have anything to say about it.

http://www.hightimbertimes.com/
Windchime

Re: Bailey's first slash site opens on Crow Hill

Post by Windchime »

Except that they won't take bark or pine needles that aren't attached to the limbs, so if you rake up pine needles and/or bark you still have no place in ParkCo to get rid of it. Fortunately, JeffCo's slash locations are happy to take it. A little further to travel, but much more consumer useful.
cabinish

Post by cabinish »

Clear Creek slash collection is still free to its residents, and they're less picky.
Windchime

Post by Windchime »

I don't mind paying JeffCo to take my slash. Their prices are reasonable and they take all slash, not just logs and branches. I wish ParkCo well, but we will bypass them. A shame, since they're only 3 miles from our house, but I guess that's life.

Return to “Home, Garden & Going Green”