Melanie Rose Dyer

Get jazzed by our local talent & live entertainment around town, music festivals, concerts at Evergreen Lake, Red Rocks, The Little Bear & more!.
Melanie Dyer

Melanie Rose Dyer

Post by Melanie Dyer »

Melanie Rose Dyer gives us a glimpse of her new CD "The Long Way Around", available on itunes Jan. 15th
and taking orders on her website below until then.

About the Artist...

Melanie Rose Dyer left Colorado for Nashville to make her mark in the music business, and indeed she has. To wit:

"Tom Rush played "What an Old Lover Knows," a new song by a writer he discovered -- Melanie Dyer. I make this point because when Rush alerts us to a new songwriter, we'd be well advised to pay attention. He proved this as early as 1968, when his "Circle Game" album introduced a few other songwriters who wound up doing rather well -- Joni Mitchell, Jackson Browne and James Taylor."
-Michael Rivest, Review: Albany Times-union

Raised in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia, Melanie comes by her soulful and masterful story-telling lyrics from a deep well of talent and traditions of music that comes from the heart. After her years in Colorado, she now lives near Nashville, TN.

http://www.melaniedyer.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cabinish

Re: Melanie Rose Dyer

Post by cabinish »

Just wanted everyone to know that "The Long Way Around" ...my new album of eleven original songs is now available on Itunes! Let me know what you think of it!

Melanie Rose Dyer
Gypsy Girl

Post by Gypsy Girl »

I bought this CD and I'm enjoying it! Particularly "Long Way Around", "Unfinished Goodbye" and
"If I Never Say".

Her music sound is fresh and the background vocals are great also.
Melanie Dyer

Post by Melanie Dyer »

Thanks!

"I Don't Want To Walk" is at #11 on the Indie Chart, Nashville:
http://www.reverbnation.com/melanierosedyer#!
cabinish

Post by cabinish »

You go, girl!! This in from the "Artist Spotlight: Nashville"....

"When you spend as much time as Dyer has on the songwriting scene, you make some incredible connections — and she called in some of those friends to make the album.

They include Grammy award winning session leader Glen Duncan, Jack Pearson (Allman Brothers), Mike Durham (Dave Matthews Band), Jim Horn (The Beatles, Beach Boys), Marc Prentice (Hootie and the Blowfish), Charles Judge (Stevie Nicks, Keith Urban) and Shaun Murphy (the female voice of Little Feat, Eric Clapton, and Bob Seger), who lends back-up vocals on four songs."

http://www.thetop22.com/2012/05/artist- ... ment-40194" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Melanie Dyer

Post by Melanie Dyer »

I'm going to be on a syndicated show called "Confessing The Blues" tonight and all through the week. It's going to be on in Denver on Monday, May 15.

Confessing the Blues Affiliate Radio Stations
Fridays 8am(CDT) KC Online Radio Kansas City, MO streaming online
Fridays 6pm(EDT) Our Generation Radio Columbia, SC streaming online
Fridays 7pm(CDT) Power Talk Ann Arbor, MI streaming online
Fridays at 9pm(EDT)WWDW 107.7 South Hill, VA
Fridays at 9pm(EDT)WDLZ 98.3 Murfreesboro, NC
Fridays at 9pm(EDT)WTRG 97.9 Roanoke Rapids, NC streaming online
Saturday 3pm(CDT) Charlietown Blues St. Charles, MO streaming online
9pm(EDT)WODR 105.3 Whiteville, NC streaming online
Sunday 10pm(EDT) Fox FM 101.9 Myrtle Beach, SC streaming online
Mondays 8pm(CDT) Charlietown Blues St. Charles, MO streaming online
Mondays 7pm(MDT)KALH 95.1 Los Luz, NM streaming http://www.kalh.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mondays 7pm(MDT) Mile Hi Radio, Denver, CO streaming online
Tuesdays 5pm(CDT) KC Online Radio Kansas City, MO streaming online
Thursdays 8pm(NZDT) on Kool-FM 97.9 Pauanui, New Zealand
Thursdays 8pm(NZDT) on Kool-FM 107.6 Cooks Beach, New Zealand
Melanie Dyer

Post by Melanie Dyer »

Reviews of the "Long Way Around" CD -

"Melanie is not an Artist just hoping she knows real music!!" — Ralph Watley, Smooth Talk Radio XTRASOUND RADIO

"Eleven songs are lyrically bursting with emotions and sincerity..Melanie Rose Dyer has delivered a successful album than definitely deserves your attention. " — Luc Meert, Rootstime Belgium

"She reminds me of a mix between Peggy Lee with her pop origins and Bonnie Raitt with her bluesy sound. She delivers a fine CD that is worth owning. Never heavy, not too sweet Melanie's deep and powerful vocals rise above the music and soar to an warm and inviting groove. " — newclassicmusicfortomorrow
Melanie Dyer

Post by Melanie Dyer »

Hey, Everyone:

Just wanted to alert you to the news that I have a brand new music video that was shot in Nashville recently. It is my first music video and magic happened with lots of elements that just came together so naturally. It was shot in one day at two locations by Bob Tigert , an old friend of mine that has been shooting documentaries and corporate videos for companies for over 30 years in 44 countries. The male dancer who captures the gigolo part so eloquently is his son. We had no rehearsals and the total time in the first location was about three hours and the second location about an hour and half. It was a blast! The underlying rose theme was my idea and was just one of those simple props that seemed to work. The song was written by myself and Marc A Rossi and though it is not my life story at the present it was easy to act out as most people have been there at one time or another. Here's the video. Please let me know how you like it!!!

Please remember my CD is available for sale and download at CD Baby and ITunes.
I appreciate and am honored by your support! Have a great summer!!

Melanie Rose Dyer
cabinish

Post by cabinish »

Congrats to Melanie, who made the top 40 on Reverbnation - you go girl!

Return to “The Music Scene”