Pro-Choice or Pro-Life?

Discover the wealth of published authors and literary talent in our community! New releases, poetry & prose, readings and book signings. Visit often!
Lynn Brown

Pro-Choice or Pro-Life?

Post by Lynn Brown »

Those of you who know me know that I am definitely a conservative and not afraid to tackle controversial types of issues! With that disclaimer out of the way, I have to say that I am very much Pro-Life. Do I think that Roe versus Wade should be turned over? No, I really don’t. That could create a much worse situation than what we currently have. We certainly don’t want to return to the era of back alley abortions. There are certainly situations where I can understand that a woman might opt for an abortion, such as fetal demise in utero or congenital anomalies incompatible with life. What I object to is the routine use of abortion as an accepted means of birth control.

Let’s look at a couple of scenarios. We have a young mother-to-be just starting her 24th week of pregnancy. She and her husband are so excited. They’ve just decorated the nursery and recently learned the sex of their baby. To her dismay, she begins having contractions, and it soon becomes apparent that this little one is not going to wait another 16 weeks to make his arrival! He arrives weighing a scant 1000 grams and easily fits into the palm of your hand.

To continue reading go to www.eclecticgrandma.com
ChromaKey

Re: Pro-Choice or Pro-Life?

Post by ChromaKey »

To be pro-Life, you must be pro-Choice because 'pro-Life' positions degrade life and cause wrongful civil division. If your morality has confused you and it causes you misery and judgementalness, if it forces you to rip and tease at the very civil fabric of our liberal democracy, then please do allow me to suggest that you seek a higher consciousness within. The world is perfect as-is, and it is according to the Universe's plan.

There is no religion higher than truth.

Return to “Written Works ~ Local Authors”