Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

Faith based & spiritually related events & services, workshops and retreats, prayer requests, etc. All walks & faiths welcome.
Local worship directory
drmike

Re: Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

Post by drmike »

Blossoms Overnight

Today's Scripture

Now it came to pass on the next day that Moses went into the tabernacle of witness, and behold, the rod of Aaron, of the house of Levi, had sprouted and put forth buds, had produced blossoms and yielded ripe almonds. Numbers 17:8, NKJV

In Numbers 17, when the people were questioning Moses’ and Aaron’s authority as leaders, God instructed Moses to take the staffs from the leaders of each of the tribes of Israel and place them in the tabernacle where God’s presence was manifest. These staffs were old walking sticks, dead pieces of wood. The next morning the staff of Aaron had sprouted, blossomed, and even produced almonds. This dead wood that blossomed was proof of who God’s leaders were.

God can change what looks dead overnight, whether it’s a marriage, a dream, or a financial situation. You may think it’s going to take years to get well, to restore a relationship, or break an addiction. God knows how to speed it up with one good break, one phone call, one idea. Suddenly, unexpectedly, God can change it overnight. Now don’t believe the lies that it’s never going to change. What you think is dead, God is saying, “I can still cause it to blossom.” You can still become who you were created to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the dreams and desires You put in my heart. Thank You that I can stir up my faith and know that You can resurrect overnight what I may have thought was dead. I declare that it is never too late to see my dreams come to pass because You have the final say. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at mikeb@cofausa.org with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
drmike

Post by drmike »

Gateways of Hope

Today's Scripture

“I will return her vineyards to her and transform the Valley of Trouble into a gateway of hope.” Hosea 2:15, NLT

We all face setbacks in our finances, health challenges, struggles in relationships, and unfair situations. When we’re in the valley, it’s easy to get discouraged and think it’s never going to improve. You may feel stuck in a valley of trouble, a valley of loneliness, a valley of debt, a valley of sickness. But don’t let the valley fool you. Today’s Scripture says that God is about to transform that valley into a gateway of hope, increase, favor, and health. The valley is leading you to new levels, to better relationships, to greater influence.

Perhaps you feel that you’ll always be trapped in a valley of addiction, because your relatives all struggled in the same valley. No, this is a new day. That valley is about to be transformed into a gateway of freedom and victory. God has a breakthrough coming your way. The addiction, the loneliness, or the anxiety is not going to hold you back. You were created to be free, to be happy, to live an abundant, fulfilled life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that this valley is only temporary and is only going to take me higher. Thank You that You are about to transform it into a gateway of hope, a gateway of blessing, a gateway of victory. I believe that no weapon formed against me will ever prosper. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at mikeb@cofausa.org with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878

drmike

Post by drmike »

A Position of Power

Today's Scripture

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3, ESV

You may have many reasons for why you get worried, upset, fearful, and not able to sleep at night, but just because it’s around you doesn’t mean you have to let it in. When you’re at peace in your mind, that’s a position of power. If you’re going to keep the clutter out of your mind, you have to know what’s your job and what’s God’s job. Sometimes we’re frustrated because we’re trying to do what only God can do. Some things we can’t fix. You can’t make yourself get well, make somebody do what’s right, or make some doors open. Our part is to believe, to stay in faith, to keep our mind on God, then let Him do His part. Trust Him to work it out as well as keep you in peace, and He’ll get you to where you’re supposed to be.

Empty out all the negative thoughts in your mind, and program your mind with what God says about you. A mind that is stayed on God is a powerful force.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that there is a place in my mind where I can stay my thoughts on You and abide in peace. Help me to unclutter my mind of all the negative thoughts that have gotten in. I will do my part to stay in faith and let You step in and do Your part. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

drmike

Post by drmike »

What If?

Today's Scripture

Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs. Proverbs 10:12, NIV

What would happen if we had a loving attitude that covers others’ wrongs and faults? When we hear juicy details about what someone said or did, what if instead of magnifying it and spreading the negative thing around, we cover it? What if we don’t go around telling anyone what we know that they don’t know? When you cover a person’s faults, you’re on God’s side. When you expose them, when you use that to discredit them, you’re on the wrong side.

Everyone can make mistakes, and everyone has faults and weaknesses. But it’s wrong to talk behind other people’s backs, to gossip about them, to make them look bad, and even to stir up trouble and sow discord. What they did or said may not be honoring to God, but they’re still made in the image of Almighty God. When you speak against them, you’re coming against the God who created them. Stay on the high road. If you cover for it, you’ll see blessings and favor.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me, forgiving me, and approving me just as I am. I ask You for the love that covers others’ offenses and weaknesses so I can honor You in everything I do. Help me to disconnect from anyone who sows discord and gossip and finds faults. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

drmike

Post by drmike »

Do Not Be Afraid

Today's Scripture

Once you were like sheep who wandered away. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls. 1 Peter 2:25, NLT

When we look at all the natural disasters, sicknesses, and accidents going on around us, it’s easy to live worried and afraid. We think, “What if we face another pandemic? What if my business doesn’t make it? What if my child has an accident?” If you were on your own, you would have valid reasons to be afraid. But you’re not in this by yourself.

The Most High God is the Guardian of your soul. When He breathed life into you, He didn’t just put you on the earth and say, “Good luck.” He says, “I will guard you from forces of darkness. I will shield you from trouble.” Psalm 91 says, “God rescues you from every trap and protects you from the fatal plague.” You don’t have to be afraid. God knows how to keep harm away. And if it does come, He knows how to heal you. He knows how to restore what was taken. The enemy doesn’t have the final say. Find rest in the palms of God’s hands.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I have turned to You, my Shepherd, the Guardian of my soul. Thank You that You are the stronghold of my life, so I need not fear. When things come against me, help me to remember that You have me in the palms of Your hands. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

drmike

Post by drmike »

Integrity

Today's Scripture

Catch all the foxes, those little foxes, before they ruin the vineyard… Song of Solomon 2:15, NLT

God wants us to be people of integrity. A person of honor is open and honest and true to her word. He says what he means and means what he says. She doesn’t have any hidden agendas or ulterior motives. He doesn’t need a legal contract to force him to fulfill his word. People of integrity are the same in private as they are in public. They do what’s right whether anybody is watching or not.

If you don’t have integrity, you will never reach your best. Integrity is the foundation on which truly successful relationships are built. Every time you compromise, every time you are less than honest, you are causing a slight crack in the foundation. If you continue compromising, that foundation will never be able to hold what God wants to build. On the other hand, God’s blessings will overtake you if you settle for nothing less than living with integrity. There’s no limit to what God will do in your life when He knows He can trust you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You see my heart and motives and that You reward integrity. Thank You that I can step up to a higher level of integrity and honesty in my relationship with You and my relationships with other people. Help me to always do the right thing and honor You by the way I live. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

drmike

Post by drmike »

Ignite the Promises

Today's Scripture

But the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. Hebrews 4:2, NKJV

In the Scripture, God has given us hundreds of powerful promises that say we’ll live an abundant life, we’ll be healthy and whole, we’ll experience favor, increase, restoration, and on and on. But as encouraging and inspiring as the promises are, on their own they won’t do you any good. They’re just nice, encouraging words. You have to add in the one ingredient that activates the power, that makes the promises come alive and become what God says, and that’s faith.

God’s promises can bring healing, can restore relationships, can catapult you to a new level, but you won’t see any change until you ignite them. You’re on the verge of God doing something you’ve never seen. Why don’t you start mixing in faith with His promises today? Faith ignites the promises, and powerful things happen. When you believe, angels go to work. When you believe, supernatural doors will open. When you believe, you’ll defeat giants. When you believe, you’ll accomplish dreams much bigger than you thought.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promises You have spoken in Your Word and to my spirit. Thank You that I can speak words of faith that agree with Your promises and ignite them to come to pass in my life. I believe that as I mix in my faith that You will do things I’ve never seen before. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

drmike

Post by drmike »

Toughen Up

Today's Scripture

These are the nations that the LORD left in the land to test those Israelites who had not experienced the wars of Canaan. He did this to teach warfare to generations of Israelites who had no experience in battle. Judges 3:1–2, NLT

After Joshua died, the Israelites were settled in the Promised Land, living their dream. God could have had Joshua and the previous generation drive out all the opposing enemy nations, but He purposefully left some nations there to teach them warfare. Without this problem, the new generation of Israelites would have eventually faced armies and been defeated. They didn’t have the experience, the strength, or the fortitude to overcome. God had to toughen them up. He left obstacles on purpose.

If God made everything easy for us, we wouldn’t be ready for where we’re going. God has amazing things in your future, things you’ve never imagined, but to get there you’re going to have to defeat some powerful giants, overcome some big obstacles, and outlast some formidable opposition. It’s not going to happen if you’re weak, disappointed, and bitter. Instead of complaining about what’s not turning around, see it as an opportunity to develop your faith. Don’t just go through it, grow through it. God’s getting you prepared. It’s serving His plan.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You purposefully allow obstacles and problems to come against me for my own good. Thank You that You are building strength and fortitude in me to prepare me for the future. I believe that it is serving Your plan as I walk through it and grow through it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”“Father, thank You that You have a crown for me, that You’re taking me higher step by step. Thank You that as I make it my daily business to serve others faithfully, You are leading me to my destiny. I believe that You will give me opportunities like I’ve never seen. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

drmike

Post by drmike »

Special Strength

Today's Scripture

That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10, NLT

We all have times in life when we get weary and don’t feel like we can go on. We’ve prayed, and we’ve believed, but nothing has changed. Now the weight of what we’re facing has left us exhausted. The good news is that God doesn’t expect you to be strong all the time. He doesn’t fault you for feeling weak and say, “What’s wrong with you? Where’s your faith?”

Today’s Scripture makes it clear that when you feel overwhelmed and weak, Christ comes in with power and gives you special strength. Strength that you didn’t get on your own. Strength to move forward when you should be stuck, strength to overcome the addiction, strength to outlast the opposition. It’s the hand of God lifting you, empowering you, reenergizing you, causing you to run and not be weary, to walk and not faint. There’s going to be a strength that’s not natural, but supernatural. You’re going to have a new passion to stand strong, to try again, to step up to a new level.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can take pleasure in the weaknesses that I sometimes feel, knowing that You come with power to give me special strength. Thank You for the reminders to always be asking for Your help. I believe that You are supplying me with all I need. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

drmike

Post by drmike »

Foreshadowing

Today's Scripture

Then Pharaoh took his signet ring from his finger and put it on Joseph’s finger. He dressed him in robes of fine linen and put a gold chain around his neck.Genesis 41:42, NIV

When Joseph was a teenager, his father gave him a special robe of many colors that represented favor, but his jealous brothers bloodied that robe and sold Joseph into slavery in Egypt. For thirteen years he was a slave and then a prisoner. I can imagine that he desperately wanted his robe back, wanted his old life back, but that would have kept him from God’s purpose of putting on a robe of great honor, influence, and authority as prime minister of Egypt. The colorful robe simply foreshadowed what God was about to do.

Don’t spend your life wishing you could go back to when you knew you were favored—before the setback, before the health issue, before the layoff. Here’s the key: Not having the robe of many colors doesn’t mean that you don’t have favor; it means greater favor is coming. You had to lose that robe to step into the awesome future God has in store. You haven’t seen, heard, or imagined the greater things God is about to do.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that there’s nothing You can’t do, and there’s not a mountain You can’t move to get me to where You want me to be. Thank You that You are my way maker, my promise keeper, my miracle worker. I believe that I have Your favor and am about to step into an awesome future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Return to “Spiritual Cabin”