Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

Faith based & spiritually related events & services, workshops and retreats, prayer requests, etc. All walks & faiths welcome.
Local worship directory
drmike

Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

Post by drmike »

It's Time to Thrive

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers" (3 John 1:2, NKJV)

Many people today are living in "survival mode." If they can just make it through the day, they've accomplished their goal. And, there are times when circumstances can seem overwhelming. There are seasons that are more difficult than others. But God doesn't want us to just survive, He wants us to thrive. He wants us to prosper in all things.
One definition of the word "thrive" means "to realize a goal despite circumstances." That means you can prosper in all things no matter what is going on around you. You don't have to settle for an average year; you can have an extraordinary year. You may be planning on just getting by, but God is planning on abundance. He's planning on overflow. It's time to get into agreement with God. It's time to walk in His ways. It's time see your dreams come to pass. It's time to thrive because God has a plan for you to prosper in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to cast my cares on You knowing that because You care about me, You care for me. Help me to see the good plan You have for me so that I can thrive the way You intended. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
drmike

Re: Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

Post by drmike »

An Ornament of Grace

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight, preserve sound judgment and discretion; they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck” (Proverbs 3:21–22, NIV)

No matter what decisions you may be facing today, God wants to equip you and empower you to make the right choices. Today’s verse tells us that seeking wisdom and discretion brings life and is “an ornament of grace.” How do we seek wisdom and discretion? By making the Word of God a priority. The answer to every situation we face is addressed in God’s Word either directly or by principle. When God’s Word is the final authority in your life, His grace will empower you to live victoriously.

Verses 23 through 26 go on to say, “Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble. When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.”

Today, I encourage you to put God’s Word first. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you as you study. Follow His commands and open the way for His grace to cover you. Let His grace empower you to dwell in safety and rest securely all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your Word which is life and health to me. I submit myself to You knowing that You have good things in store for my future. I will hide Your word in my heart so that I can receive Your grace and walk in Your ways. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
drmike

Post by drmike »

Favor in High Places

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“One who loves a pure heart and who speaks with grace will have the king for a friend” (Proverbs 22:11, NIV)

When you’re talking with people throughout the day, do you speak with grace? In other words, do your words empower people? When others leave your presence, do they feel strengthened and want to rise higher?

Grace is simply God’s favor and empowerment. When you pass that grace on to others with no strings attached, the scripture says that you will have the king for a friend. In other words, you will have favor in high places. Influential people will want to be around you. People in authority will want to be your friend. When you sow grace and favor, you will reap it in your own life in return.

Today, look for ways to build up the people around you. When someone makes a mistake or lets you down, instead of being critical and faultfinding, show love. Let your words be filled with grace. Extend His favor everywhere you go and watch that grace and favor come right back to you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your grace and mercy upon me. I choose to speak with grace and empower others. I love a pure heart and desire to do Your will. Thank You for honoring me as I honor You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
drmike

Post by drmike »

Increase of Grace

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...But where sin increased, grace increased all the more” (Romans 5:20, NIV)

So many people today live in guilt and condemnation over their past mistakes and wrongdoings. They have this attitude that they are too far gone or they’ve made too many mistakes. They think that if they walk into church, the roof will cave in. Friend, if that’s you, nothing could be further from the truth! It doesn’t matter what you’ve done, it doesn’t matter where you’ve been; God’s grace is enough. Scripture says that we are saved “by faith through grace.” Grace is His unmerited favor upon you. You can’t earn it no matter how “good” you act, but He’s offering it to you as a free gift. His grace is what empowers you to change and live the life He’s called you to.

Today, don’t live another minute in regret, condemnation, heaviness or despair. Receive His grace. It’s as easy as opening your heart and inviting Him to change your life. Remember, there’s nothing you could ever do that His grace can’t bring you through. So open your heart to Him and receive it today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your grace upon my life. Thank You for receiving me no matter what I’ve done. I receive Your love and forgiveness. I commit myself to You today and all the days of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
drmike

Post by drmike »

Think On These Things
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things” (Philippians 4:8, NIV)

God wants you to be blessed in every area of your life. The Bible says that Jesus came so that you and I could have life more abundantly, but it all starts in your thinking. That’s why the scripture tells us very clearly what we should be thinking about — things that are noble, right, lovely, pure and praiseworthy. In other words, when a thought comes to your mind that you’re never going to be successful, replace it by saying, “Father, You said in Proverbs that if I would put You first, You would crown my efforts with success. You said in the Psalms that You surround me with favor like a shield. You said in Deuteronomy that Your blessings would chase me down and overtake me!” That’s how you take every thought captive, one thought at a time!

Today, refuse to allow any negative thoughts to take up space in your mind. Stay on the offensive and choose to think on the right things. Fill your heart and mind with the Word of God and open the door for His hand of blessing in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your truth which sets me free. I choose to meditate on Your goodness and think on the right things. Direct my heart and mind toward what is pure and lovely. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
drmike

Post by drmike »

Sufficient Grace

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness...” (2 Corinthians 12:9, NIV)

Everyone has days when they feel weak or times when they feel overwhelmed. But God has given us His grace to carry us through these difficult times and empower us to move forward in victory.

Scripture says God’s grace is sufficient. The word sufficient simply means competent, enough or qualified. That means you always have whatever you need by His grace. You will never face anything that God’s grace cannot empower you to move through. We serve a God who is more than enough, and His grace is more than enough, too! Anytime you feel weak, remember, when you rely on His grace, that is when you are at your strongest. When you feel like you can’t go on, that’s when He will carry you by His grace.

Today, remember, no matter what you may be facing, you’re not facing it alone. You are not without hope, you are not without resources, and you are not without answers because His grace is sufficient! His grace is all you need to be equipped to move forward into His victory.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your sufficient grace. Thank You for empowering me and equipping me no matter what I may be facing. Today, I lift my eyes to You for You are my help. I receive Your grace for everything I need. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
drmike

Post by drmike »

Prolong Your Life

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity” (Proverbs 3:1–2, NIV)

So many people today are looking for ways to prolong their lives and renew their youth, but God already has a fail-proof system outlined in His Word. It says in Isaiah that when you put your hope in Him, He will renew your youth. Today’s verse tells us that when you keep His Word close to your heart, it will prolong your life.

Notice it doesn’t say that you will just have a long, drawn out, ordinary life. No, God promises that He will prolong your life and fill your days with peace and prosperity. He wants you to live fulfilled and happy all the days of your life. That’s why it’s so important to keep His Word first place in your life. We can’t allow distractions to steal our focus or get us off course. Today, choose to keep His commands in your heart and enjoy His peace and prosperity all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for giving me a long, satisfied life. I choose to honor You and keep Your Word first place. Show me Your ways so that I may walk with You all the days of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
drmike

Post by drmike »

He Holds the Keys

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades” (Revelation 1:18, NIV)

Have you ever been locked out of your car or house? It can be very frustrating and inconvenient. Not having your keys can keep you stuck and unproductive. It steals your time and can steal your peace and joy if you let it.

In the same way, we need spiritual keys to access what God has for us — eternal life, peace, freedom and blessing here on earth. But we don’t have to stand on the outside and be frustrated because Jesus holds the keys, and He has opened the way for us to walk through the door of eternal life. Eternal life begins the moment you make Him your Lord and Savior. You don’t have to live in defeat, mediocrity, sickness, sin or any kind of bondage any longer; you have access to the abundant life Jesus came to give!

Today, if you feel stuck, locked out or defeated, remember, Jesus is the one who holds the keys. All you have to do is call on His name and He will answer. He promises to hear you and will deliver you. He wants to be the hero of your story, so call on Him today and receive the victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I boldly come to You thanking You for giving me access to eternal life through Your Son, Jesus. I surrender every area of my heart to You and invite You to make me whole and complete. Set me free from every bondage so I can live free in You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
drmike

Post by drmike »

He Wants Us to Thrive

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers” (3 John 1:2, NKJV)

Many people today are living in “survival mode.” If they can just make it through the day, they’ve accomplished their goal. And, there are times when circumstances can seem overwhelming. There are seasons that are more difficult than others. But God doesn’t want us to just survive, He wants us to thrive. He wants us to prosper in all things.

One definition of the word “thrive” means “to realize a goal despite circumstances.” That means you can prosper in all things no matter what is going on around you. You don’t have to settle for an average year; you can have an extraordinary year. You may be planning on just getting by, but God is planning on abundance. He’s planning on overflow. It’s time to get into agreement with God. It’s time to walk in His ways. It’s time see your dreams come to pass. It’s time to thrive because God has a plan for you to prosper in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to cast my cares on You knowing that because You care about me, You care for me. Help me to see the good plan You have for me so that I can thrive the way You intended. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
drmike

Post by drmike »

Thanks Be to God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ...” (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJ)

God promises to always lead us into victory! That means, no matter what you are facing, no matter what’s going on in the world around you, no matter what anybody says, you should always be thanking God because victory is on the way!

You don’t have to wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to celebrate what God is going to do in your life. Put some action behind your faith. In the middle of that adversity or tough time, start making a list of who you’re going to invite to your victory celebration. That means if you’re in the hospital, start planning what you’re going to do when you get out. If you lost some money when the stock market went down, start planning your coming-out-of-debt party. When things don’t look good in the natural, remember, we serve a supernatural God. With God leading you into victory, you can always plan for increase. You can plan for restoration. You can plan for a comeback that will make you stronger and better than you ever were before!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I give You thanks and praise today for the promise of victory. Give me Your vision for the future so that I can move confidently into the abundant life You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Return to “Spiritual Cabin”