ARTIC CHILL BEARNING DOWN ON US

View local commentary and weigh in on hot topics and local issues. (Can get heated; all opinions are those of the posters & not necessarily those of 'evergreenbound.com' or 'communitiesbound.com.')
Tarryall

Re: ARTIC CHILL BEARNING DOWN ON US

Post by Tarryall »

-24 at DIA this morning. Coldest day in Denver since 1990!
Everybody Knows The Dice Are Loaded. Everybody Knows The Good Guys Lost.
Guardian of Liberty

Post by Guardian of Liberty »

The Black Night wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:48 am I got up early at 8:45 this morning to battle the artic chills. Even my heated bird baths froze over damaging one of the pumps- Thank god I had spares in the garage just for a scenario like this. I'm happy to report that they are up and running and the birds are drinking to thier hearts content- Just sat down with my first cup of coffee
I've regained my bearings- A little death wish coffee, a shot Qunol CoQ10, and a puff of Princess Diesel and i'm ready to go- Lets open up the discussions
I am a free man living on the margins, I invest prudently to maintain sole custody over my solvent and sovereign self.
Guardian of Liberty

I have a big window with a million dollar view right by my computer, as I gaze outside I can't help but be mesmerized by the beauty of mother nature.. Now let me do another hit so I don't lose this feeling
I am a free man living on the margins, I invest prudently to maintain sole custody over my solvent and sovereign self.
Josey

Post by Josey »

Bomb cyclone! Bombogenesis! Polar vortex! Arctic express! Snow apocalypse! Once in a generation historic storm!

When did winter weather become such a over-dramatized spectacle. :snowflake:
Guardian of Liberty

Josey wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:26 am Bomb cyclone! Bombogenesis! Polar vortex! Arctic express! Once in a generation historic storm!

When did winter weather become such a dramatized spectacle.
Since FOX News hit the scene- They over dramatize everything- They even get you all worked up over meaningless issues like participation trophy's and school's banning dodgeball

Thats what are, pearl clutching drama queens- That's the FOX News demographic
kizma buudi

Post by kizma buudi »

What does Fox News have to do with it? This is the Weather Channel BS.
I had my patience tested. I'm negative.
Guardian of Liberty

kizma buudi wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:03 am What does Fox News have to do with it? This is the Weather Channel BS.
It's the Rupert Murdoch media playbook- Appeal to the lowest common denominator and they all do it because "news" has to make money- It wasn't always like that. - Sensationalize and exaggerate everything and you sell more papers and get more eyes watching...He turns respected papers with respected journalists into the National Inquirer.. And birdbrains like you eat it up

Its the main reason why America got so stupid in the last 20 years..
Tarryall

Post by Tarryall »

Says the man who reads the racing journal.
Everybody Knows The Dice Are Loaded. Everybody Knows The Good Guys Lost.
Guardian of Liberty

Tarryall wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:29 pm Says the man who reads the racing journal.
Its a racing form..... :lol:

How does a man not know it's a racing form...?

Yeah, it's my bible and the track is my church...Its just pure stats and raw numbers... God only knows how you spent your youth? Something out of a movie set in the 1800's I suspect

Lonely Homesteaders

Taryall's graduating class- He's the tall one and he still could'nt make the basketball team
Guardian of Liberty

Josey wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:26 am Bomb cyclone! Bombogenesis! Polar vortex! Arctic express! Snow apocalypse! Once in a generation historic storm!

When did winter weather become such a over-dramatized spectacle. :snowflake:
Having tried to explain it to you why this happens, I have to say that Nobody is over dramatizing this storm.. Its called a bomb cyclone because the pressure dropped 24 millibars in 24 hours- To dumb it down for you laymen, the lower the pressure the stronger the storm. I know you guys don't care and might even pray to god for such things to occur, but homeless people are dying. Is that dramatic enough for ya Joe?

Sheeesh!

It's also a great time to honor people that absolutely have to work outside in this- The Power crews and the baggage handlers of the world- Thank you so much, the rest of us love you!

Return to “Soapbox”