Shohei Ohtani Gets 700 Million Deferred Deal

Bronco and Av fans unite! Hang out & talk sports, open 24/7!
Tarryall

Shohei Ohtani Gets 700 Million Deferred Deal

Post by Tarryall »

Smart man, or he has a great business manager. The Dodgers will pay him only 2 million a year while he lives in tax crazy California. Only gets the bulk of his money after his career is over. :Hysterical: Screw you Governor Newsom!
Everybody Knows The Dice Are Loaded. Everybody Knows The Good Guys Lost.
Josey

Re: Shohei Ohtani Gets 700 Million Deferred Deal

Post by Josey »

I saw this recently and never heard of the guy. I guess he can throw 99 mph fastballs and also play outfield and hit 500 ft homers. Pretty unique athlete. But $700M? Ridiculous.
An intelligent man believes only half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half. -EVAN ESAR
Guardian of Liberty

Post by Guardian of Liberty »

Josey wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:29 am I saw this recently and never heard of the guy. I guess he can throw 99 mph fastballs and also play outfield and hit 500 ft homers. Pretty unique athlete. But $700M? Ridiculous.
Don't be such a communist- In America we let he free market decide the value of labor and the market has spoken. The Dodgers aren't stupid, they don't invest 700 million if they didn't expect to get billions back. It's called capitalism, look into it

GOD BLESS AMERICA
I am a free man living on the margins, I invest prudently to maintain sole custody over my solvent and sovereign self.
Guardian of Liberty

Tarryall wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:16 pm Smart man, or he has a great business manager. The Dodgers will pay him only 2 million a year while he lives in tax crazy California. Only gets the bulk of his money after his career is over. :Hysterical: Screw you Governor Newsom!
Lol...You don't get it

Please note that workers' compensation coverage is not just extended towards professional baseball players but all professional athletes. If an athlete is injured while practicing or playing, which is unfortunately relatively common, they receive State workers' compensation coverage based on their salaries for the previous 6 months..The California workers' compensation system was designed to provide cash and health-care benefits to injured workers. Professional athletes are covered, so Governor Newsome loves this deal

GOD BLESS WORKMANS COMP
I am a free man living on the margins, I invest prudently to maintain sole custody over my solvent and sovereign self.
Josey

Post by Josey »

If it was a free market there would not be salary caps on teams leading to these deferral schemes which act like long term debt for the owners. Seems like a dumb strategy to me for LA. They already sell out most of their tickets in that market.

And Butthead Gov. Newsom really needs the money now, big deficits coming soon to Callyfornia.
An intelligent man believes only half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half. -EVAN ESAR
Guardian of Liberty

Josey wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:14 pm If it was a free market there would not be salary caps on teams and these deferral schemes which act like long term debt for the owners. Seems like a dumb strategy to me for LA. They already sell out most of their tickets in that market.

And Butthead Gov. Newsom really needs the money now, big deficits coming soon to Callyfornia.
Salary caps = Free Market?

rofllol :gleeful:

What do think about Price caps on baseball tickets? You commie bastard! And you think they make all their money from Ticket Sales? :gleeful: Here's a tip, don't talk about things you know nothing about? They have an 8.5 billion dollar Tv deal, and advertising and merchandising revenue would quadruple if they create a dynasty

10 ten teams had 700 million plus offers on the table for the guy
Josey

Post by Josey »

no, you said it was a free market. I said a free market would not have salary caps.

...and they are not gonna get 700 million selling a few more Tshirts and baseball caps.
Guardian of Liberty

Josey wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:01 pm no, you said it was a free market. I said a free market would not have salary caps.
MLB does not have a salary cap

:doh:

Joe...When you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGIN! :gleeful:

Merchandise sales are $3 billion per year, and what about the Dodgers exclusive 8.5 billion dollar TV deal, and advertising revenue and all the other important sources of revenue they enjoy??

Cut your loses and retreat, and hope nobody see's this thread...
Josey

Post by Josey »

Oh yeah so they don't call it a "salary cap", they still have something called a CBT which has a similar effect. Whatever. It isn't free market with no limits. It is ridiculous was all I was saying.

"The Dodgers will still take a major hit to their payroll for the purposes of competitive balance tax (CBT) calculation."

And furthermore, the Chicago Bears still suck, so put that in your proverbial pipe and smoke it! :lol:

Go Broncos!

:milehighsalute:
Guardian of Liberty

Josey wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:37 pm Oh yeah so they don't call it a "salary cap", they still have something called a CBT which has a similar effect. Whatever. It isn't free market with no limits. It is ridiculous was all I was saying.

"The Dodgers will still take a major hit to their payroll for the purposes of competitive balance tax (CBT) calculation."

And furthermore, the Chicago Bears still suck, so put that in your proverbial pipe and smoke it! :lol:

Go Broncos!

:milehighsalute:
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :gleeful: Back peddlin like a mother fucker there, joe....And we beat Detroit on Sunday

GO BEARS

Return to “Sports Page”